Canon has unveiled the first camera body to carry the EOS R name and RF lens mount – setting the new standard for the camera of not just today but tomorrow, with the future in view. With the world’s fastest autofocus, it is also the world’s first camera with the ability to focus in light conditions as low as -6EV and totally silent shooting, providing stunning quality results every time.
The EOS R redefines photo and video performance with unrivalled image quality, state-of-the art connectivity, refined ergonomics and responsive handling.
Further expanding the existing EOS System, Canon today also launches the EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM – a new 32mm lens for the EOS M mirrorless system – and the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM and EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM, two revolutionary, lightweight professional super telephoto lenses for the EF System.
- 30.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
• DIGIC 8 Image Processor
• UHD 4K30 Video; C-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
• Dual Pixel CMOS AF, 5655 AF Points
• 3.69m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
• 3.15″ 2.1m-Dot Swivel Touchscreen LCD
• Expanded ISO 50-102400, 8 fps Shooting
• Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, SD UHS-II Card Slot
The Canon EOS R will be available from October 2018 with a price tag of $2,299 for the body only.
Story & Photos Credit: Canon