The late uncle Amissah
The former governor of the Central Bank died shortly after being rushed to the 37 military hospital after he reportedly collapsed while jogging early Friday morning.
Amissah-Arthur was an economist, academic and politician who was the sixth Vice-President of Ghana, in office from 6 August 2012 until 7 January 2017, under President John Dramani
He was sworn in as Vice-President on 6 August 2012, following vetting by the Parliament of Ghana. He was nominated by President John Dramani Mahama to be the vice-president a week after Mahama himself was sworn in. This followed the sudden death of John Atta Mills on 24 July 2012.
What You Should Read Next
- ‘Prince of Tweets’, Zamani goes ‘ice’ this day…suggests that NIGERIA & GHANA should be made ONE country
- GLO stands proud with Ghana on independence anniversary
- Proudly Ghanaian: Akesse Sanza raises Ghana’s flag high @ the International Folk Music Festival 2014
- Wanlov equates Ghana’s sickness greater than Ebola
- Former Ghana’s Most Beautiful; Ms. NASARA turns “oyinbo pepper”
- MANIFESTIVITIES: Hennessy Artistry Presents Fifth Edition on Friday December 22nd
- Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom: We Will Overcome This Challenge
- With Few Weeks to Zylofon Media Mega Launch, not many Ghanaians are enthused about the planned concert in Lasgidi + EOCO reconnaissance…Africa Media connoisseur, Aileru puzzles, “would the business be trusted & embraced in Nigeria?”
- YTAINMENT ‘19’ PEOPLE TO WATCH IN ‘19: Meet the Disc Jockey whose smiles would make you dance nonstop…He is DJ MIC SMITH
- GHANA-NAIJA SHOWBIZ AWARDS: Bisa Kdei, Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, Potato Potahto, Swings, Kidi, Lydia Forson, Kwesi Arthur, YOLO, among others bag nominations ahead of the 14th October event…as voting to be announced soon