To follow in Elon Musk‘s footsteps, Mark Zuckerberg has announced that Meta will soon be offering a subscription service that will allow Instagram and Facebook users to pay to get verified.
With this subscription, users will get a verified badge that authenticates their account with government ID, proactive account protection, access to account support, and increased visibility and reach.
Users will be able to purchase a monthly subscription for $11.99 on the web and $14.99 on iOS and Android.
The service is currently available in Australia and New Zealand, with plans to launch later in the rest of the world.
Accounts that are already verified on both platforms won’t be affected in any way.
With Meta Verified, you’ll get:
– A verified badge, confirming you’re the real you and that your account has been authenticated with a government ID.
– More protection from impersonation with proactive account monitoring for impersonators who might target people with growing online audiences.
– Help when you need it with access to a real person for common account issues.
– Increased visibility and reach with prominence in some areas of the platform– like search, comments and recommendations.
– Exclusive features to express yourself in unique ways.
– Meta Verified is available for direct purchase on Instagram or Facebook in Australia and New Zealand starting later this week. People can purchase a monthly subscription for (USD) $11.99 on the web and (USD) $14.99 on iOS and Android.