Veteran actor, Sam Phillips has passed away in the early hours of Saturday morning. Phillips was also a writer, producer, music composer.
Many will remember his iconic roles on TV Shows such as Phamokate, Backstage and Soul City and the recent Netflix watch Kings Of Joburg.
Gaenor Artiste Management Agent, Lynne Higgins, says Phillips played a pivotal role in shaping the acting industry.
“He was an amazing man. We will miss him. We loved him. He was an icon in our industry and there are no words to cover how devastated we at Gaenor’s are. He was part of our family. He was our grandfather in our family. He knew so many people from theatre, to TV, to writing, to scriptwriting, to film. So much that he has done in the industry and so many he has met in his place of work.”
What You Should Read Next
- Record Breaker! Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ becomes the first Nigerian film to be on Netflix
- Kwabena Kwabena in this must see video, prepareth a table before our eyes, but only for those who are willing to enjoy inside the “TOKRO”
- THE WEEK OF: Chris Rock & Adam Sandler to star in Netflix latest film
- The real-life story of the Watts family murders in ‘AMERICAN MURDER: THE FAMILY NEXT DOOR’ is YemmeYbaba’s Movie of the Week
- Photos from the 2018 CIROC – AFRIMA NOMINEES PARTY: Tuface Idibia, Stonebwoy, Vanessa Mdee, Efia Odo, Michael Blackson & Others, all attended
- CHI-DON – the King of God’s Pop Music – drops new single, titled, ‘Chineke Enweghi Size’…an inspiration for today and tomorrow
- JAMMAL’s Principle Desire: To Become The Best Of The Best
- After a great pursuit of foresight, comes the pursuit of history as…4SYTE TV becomes first Urban Entertainment, Music Channel in Africa to hit the 1 Million Followers mark on Instagram
- KOJO ANIM, the ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ finalist hails DKB as a positive point of difference
- Testing time: NETFLIX is testing ‘Top 10’ list on their streaming service