WhatsApp is rolling out a new feature called Chat Lock that allows users to lock their chats.
This innovative addition provides an extra layer of protection for users’ most personal and intimate conversations.
By enabling this feature, users can safeguard specific chats by placing them in a separate folder, which can only be accessed using the device password or biometric authentication, such as a fingerprint. Furthermore, the contents of locked chats are automatically concealed in notifications, providing an additional level of confidentiality.
WhatsApp believes that Chat Lock will greatly benefit individuals who occasionally share their phones with family members or encounter situations where someone else briefly holds their device precisely when a sensitive chat arrives.
To lock a chat, users can simply tap on the name of a one-to-one or group conversation and select the lock option. To access locked chats, users can pull down on their inbox, enter their phone password or use their device’s biometric authentication.
In the coming months, WhatsApp has plans to expand the functionality of Chat Lock by introducing additional options. These upcoming features will include the ability to lock chats on companion devices and the option to create a custom password specifically for chats, allowing users to use a unique password separate from their phone’s security code.
The new feature is currently rolling out to all users.
Here’s a video to show you how the feature works:
What You Should Read Next
- Baaaaam! Do you know that you can now be able to use your WhatsApp account across multiple phones…?
- The four new features coming to WhatsApp in 2020 – a must read for its 1.5 billion users every month!
- All you need to know about WhatsApp + its 3 new important features
- Facebook is changing the name of Instagram and WhatsApp…sources claim both apps will be re-branded by Facebook
- WhatsApp now allows group video/voice calls with up to 8 people
- Major Outage as…FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and WHATSAPP all go down
- New features including QR Codes and Animated Stickers have been introduced by WhatsApp
- Read how WhatsApp has come alive for businesses/companies to connect with customers
- From FEBRUARY 8…WhatsApp users MUST agree to share their personal info with FACEBOOK to continue using the app
- Instagram, Facebook & WhatsApp Apps crash DOWN!