Although he was quick to point out that he is not suffering any life-threatening ailment and that he has not received any death threats from anyone or organization, multi-millionaire businessman Oscar Yao Doe today released his private will, where he stated key things that must be done after his death.
Surprisingly, the philanthropist stated in the ‘Will’ that he should be buried in Nigeria, Lagos specifically. He also stated that senior workers who have been running his companies for 10 years and above would be entitled to 10% shareholding in the companies they hold.
He also said that his properties should be sold and the proceeds lodged in his foundation account to continue the legacy of support for education. Read the content of the will below…
I, His Royal Highness, The Most Colourful Oscar Yao Doe Write My Own Will And Wish When I Die (That) My Family, My Friends, My Companies, My Business Associates Should Respect This Will. Doing Otherwise, God Will Strike.
- My First Wish When I Die, Bury Me In Lagos, Specifically Ikoyi Or Victoria Island.
- My Companies Should Continue To Contribute To And Take Care Of My Schools. My Properties Should Be Sold And The Money Lodged Into Doscar Foundation Account.
- All My CEOs, Country Directors, D.Gs Who Have Worked With Me Up To 10 Years Should BE Entitled To 10% Shares Of My Company They Are In Charge Of.
- 20% Share Dividends To Be Shared Among Those Who Are Part Of The Management Board.
- One School Each In Ghana, Nigeria And Cote D’Ivoire To Bear My Name Should Be Built From My Personal Allowances, Salaries And Share Dividends.
- I Have Already Given Full Education To All My Siblings, And Cousins, So They Have Already Been Taken Care Off.
- I Have Also Sorted Out My Aunties, Uncles With Financial Support For Their Businesses. So, They Have Already Been Taken Care Of.
- The Management Of Doscar Foundation Can Then Open Up To Contributions From Reputable Individuals And Organisations.
- The Criteria Should Be Strictly For Those Who Have Done Selfless Works. Contributions From Individuals Or Organisations Who Are Known To Destroy Other People Must Be Avoided. The Doscar Foundation Activities Should Remain Strictly For The Support Of Education Only!
- I Plead With The Hamoui Family, Kalmoni Family, Odaymat Family, Wolley Family, Irabor Family, Duffour Family, Nike Okundaye Family, Otunba Tolani Oladipo Family To Assist In Carrying Out This Will.
(However) Let Me Make One Thing Clear; I Have Neither Received Any Death Threats, Nor Received Any Intimidation From Anyone Or Organisation. I Do Not Have Any Chronic Diseases Or Any Incurable Illness!
Perhaps, The Events Of Recent Years Have Really OPENED My Eyes! I Thank God.